Monday, June 1, 2009

WanderWomyn

For those of you who have followed this blog for a while or read most of the posts, you know that my girlfriend and I recently moved to Milwaukee Wi to be together. When we first moved here we did not know many people, and have had trouble meeting queer women. Finally, a group came out called WanderWomyn. The group is for queer women who enjoy doing outdoors type activities. I joined the email list when I first heard about it and my girlfriend and I have been going to a few activities. On Fridays we go to play some relaxed kickball! Usually followed by some form of drinks and food. We have begun to meet some great people through this group. This past Friday we went to go to kickball and not many showed up. Which turned out to be okay, b/c it was really the fun group who showed up. So we decided to go to a bar, drink, get pizza and then have a game night. It turned out to be a pretty fun night. It's nice to have a small group of people around here to feel comfortable around. It's just the beginning of our friendships, but I hope to grow closer and have a nice tight knit group of friends to make the long winters much more bearable!

Anyways, I just wanted to get it out there for those of you who might be from the Southeastern Wisconsin area! Or to those of you who are in the same situation to not give up hope, and put yourselves out there! Here is the link to the WanderWomyn group on Yahoo! I hope you join or start up your own group!

No comments:

Post a Comment